Monday 5 January 2009

Catel

Today I had a guest lecture come inn and talk to me about her work and the process of being an illustrator. These are some notes that I took from this lecture.

How to set up an illustration business

1. Define your market
2. Research potential clients
3. Address the right person
4. Self promotion

When sending work to art directors make sure the images are larger than A4 make your work original/limited edition. Send them feedback sheet with your work.

Good website for illustrators - www.illustrationmundo.com

Get commission in writing stating: agreed fee and copyright
Pricing- ask clients how big there budget is make sure you get paid within 30 days.

Even though I am not specializing in illustration I feel that all of this information has benefited me because if I want to do some freelance work as a designer I now know what to expect. 

No comments: