Friday 23 January 2009

Screen based communication 2 evaluation

I found screen based communication 2 a really exciting and enjoyable project, before starting this project I had always wanted to be able to create a website and now I have been able to do so, not only was I able to create a website but I was able to create a website presenting my work and me as a designer. I feel that this project was really beneficial for me as it may help me find work, and also because I would now feel confident if I was asked to create a website for a client. 

 I feel like I had produced a solid amount of work for this project and I am pleased with the final outcome of my website. I have worked hard on this project, putting many hours of my time into the project, from the start of this project I said to myself I will be putting my all into this project because I want to achieve the best I can, and I stuck to my word. By spending a lot of time working on this project I feel that it has payed off as I feel my website presents my work to a professional standard. I mean I went through many ideas and designs for my site which led me to creating my final design, if it wasn't for all of my development work I wouldn't of ending up with the final product that I did. 

I don't know wether you have noticed but I am giving all I have got into this second year, I am really pushing myself, and feel like I am developing as a designer whilst doing so. I know that I have developed since last year, I have noticed changes in myself, I am a lot more motivated and I feel that I am concentrating a lot more on the projects. I am aiming high this year because I am fed up of not achieving the best that I can. I know last year I could of achieved a lot better than what I did because I feel I wasn't applying myself as much as I could of. By writing this blog has helped me a lot this year, it has helped me reflect on my work and myself as a designer, keep me organized and also motivated.  

I have learnt a lot during the course of this project and would now feel comfortable if I was asked to create a website again. Last years screen based project was to create an animation in flash which was a long time ago so by having the tutorials for flash helped me regain my knowledge for this software, I also did the Dreamweaver short corse which I had also felt that I needed to recap on because I had forgotten a lot of the things that I learnt. So by using the tutorials throughout the course of this project has improved my skills in website design a lot. I have also learnt a lot by looking at other websites and how they have been constructed, whilst looking at these sites I have found so much that I was inspired by. 

After finishing this project I have realized how important the web is to us as designers, its such an easy way to show the client who you are and what your about, I think the web is the holds a strong future. I am so glad that I am now able to create a website, its I really good skill to have as a designer, especially with the way the that the current employment is going, as I have noticed there are clients needing web designers all of the time, so this is why I am pleased that I have learnt all of these new skills and would feel confident in taking the opportunity to create a website for a real client. 




No comments: