Friday 2 January 2009





Over the christmas holidays I have been working on the design of my website, I started by looking at the design that I already created. This helped me a lot as was able to reflect on my design and make changes accordingly. I started by looking at the entire design, I thought that it looks too similar to the website that I have been looking at called Sitesquared, also it doesn't convey the correct message that I want to put across to the intended viewer. So therefore I decided to look at other websites and see how I could combine the elements that I think would work well to create my site. I started by looking at sites that I think suit me as a designer which helped me then choose which elements to use in my design, I looked at many websites but found that the most simple layouts worked best. This is what I am aiming to achieve within my website, I don't want to make it complicated for the viewer I just want to keep it as simple as possible. I also want to make it easy for the viewer to navigate around my site so keeping it simple will help me achieve this. After drawing out some layouts of what I want my site to look like I came up with this design which I really like and I think could work well as a site. I have still used a similar design to the portfolio on the Sitesquared website by creating a rounded edge on the thumbnail images, I feel that this creates a strong effect for the images as they look more interesting than a simple square which is used in most portfolios. So by combing these elements that I like I feel that I have created a strong final design to present my self as a Graphic Designer on the web.

1 comment:

andys said...

A great site Ben!!!!!!!!!!

Love Dad XXXX