Friday 19 December 2008

Evaluation/Reflection of first term

I found this first term very challenging as the briefs were very open in a sense that I was able to create designs from my own ideas, I feel that I have developed as a designer since last year as I am working harder on each project so therefore I am pleased with how I am working. I learnt a lot this term whilst working on each of the VCC2 briefs, the main thing that I learnt from each brief was that if you come up with a strong idea at the start of the project then you have a stronger chance of producing a strong final outcome. I feel that this was my main problem within my work apart from the Animal packaging design where I felt I started with a strong idea and also showed strong development work. The greetings card project was the one where I felt that I lacked in by not coming up with a strong idea at the beginning, this really effected my work as a had little time to come up with my finished outcomes after I thought of what I will be producing for my greetings  card designs. This was my own fault because after the critique for the Look Again/Think Again project I started by developing my poster instead of working on the greetings card project, this was a big mistake and really had an impact on my greetings card designs. 

Reflecting on my work helps me a lot because it makes me realize what I have done wrong and how I can improve this next time, so therefore I intend to continue reflecting on myself and my own work throughout this blog to help me improve as a designer.

No comments: