Wednesday 29 October 2008

Pattern designs


From the feedback I received about my greetings card designs I took all of the comments into consideration and thought how I could use these to create stronger designs. So I thought how can I still use the images of the landmarks without having the image of the flags in the background of the designs, but still use the colours of the flags somehow in the designs. So I started by using the outline of the landmark and then simply using the colours of the flags to apply to the background of each design. I didn't like the look of the outcomes so I thought of other ways of how I could still use these processes to complete my designs. This is when I thought of using a pattern design to create my cards, although this has completely changed my designs I have still used the landmarks and just the colours of the flags for each design. To create the pattern I repeated the images of the landmarks and placed them in different positions around the page, I then filled them in using the colours of the flag for each particular design.

No comments: