Friday 20 February 2009

Learning agreement

Today I completed and handed in my learning agreement for my proffesional project. I am pleased with the brief I have written myself and feel that it will be an exciting and challenging project to work on,  I have included my synopsis of study below.

Synopsis of study

For my professional project I will create and design a brand and identity for an organic and eco friendly clothing company, this is a non-existent company so therefore I will be creating a new identity. I will create a set of promotional materials for the company which will promote the brand/identity, I will research into existing clothing companies and how they have advertised and branded themselves, I will also look into why people buy organic clothes and what type of person buys this type of clothing, from this I will demonstrate my research and development through sketchbooks leading to my final designs. My research will consist of looking at existing clothing websites; magazines, catalogues and also other materials that I feel will help me. I will be contacting the companies I feel will be able to give me the relevant research that I need as I may not be able to find it in shops or elsewhere. I will create a time plan during this project to help me be organised and prepared for the work I have set myself. I will set myself deadlines to keep me focused and to make sure I get everything that I set myself completed within the time I have left, this will be noted throughout the project. Not only will this benefit me but it will also show a sign of professionalism that is what I am aiming to achieve throughout this project. The branding for the company will be designed to have a relaxed style and an organic feel to it, my target audience will mainly be people aged between 18-35 who care about there clothes and take into consideration how they look.
I have chosen to create this identity because during this year I have been working on a branding and identity brief that I really enjoyed and felt was very successful, so I feel my strengths lie within this area of design. For my professional project I want to create and design something that will help me get to where I want to be next year (BA Graphics), and I feel that if executed well this project will help me do that. Also I feel that this project will help me prepare for employment, as I would like to work in the branding area of design in the future. This project will be a professional standard of creative work and will be a strong piece of work to present in my portfolio. The reason I have decided to design an organic and eco friendly brand is because I feel that there is a huge market for the clothing, also my aim is to persuade people to buy organic clothing rather than going to designer brands.

 



No comments: