Friday 6 February 2009

Today I have written up a basic learning proposal for my professional project. After stressing for the past week about what I should produce for this project I now feel satisfied with the idea that I have for this project. After the group tutorial I had with Sally I was put of the original idea that I had which was to create a series of books which translate languages. So I started thinking of what hasn't been done before, what could I do which is different? 

So I started by brainstorming all the ideas down onto paper that I had, this helped me a lot because I then began to think of what I would like to have produced for myself, what would I like? So here it is, the start of my learning proposal for my professional project.

What I will produce and why

For my professional project I will create a student guide designed for students that are planning to come to Bournemouth to study, the guide will be designed to inform
the student about Bournemouth and what there is to do, what places will be useful for
students, and also a description of what the areas of Bournemouth are like so they have an idea of where to live.

The reason why I am going to produce this guide because it is very daunting when moving into a new place, especially when you have been living at home your whole life. There is nothing like this out there at the moment so there will definitely be a market for this guide. As a student myself I would of found this guide useful when I first moved onto Bournemouth as I didn’t know where to live, where to go, how to get to places etc. My guide will help the student adapt to the area a lot more quickly, it will be a very useful guide for the student as it will tell them all they need to know about Bournemouth.

Target audience

My target audience will be students that intend to study in Bournemouth, which are curious about what is in Bournemouth and how to get around etc.

What to include?

Where to eat for cheap
What nights to go out on, which nights/pubs/clubs would suit the student
Where to get art equipment etc, best shops.
What is in winton, charminster etc
Library opening times
Any student deals
Travel information
Tips page, how to eat cheaply , ways of saving money. Etc
Use full telephone numbers, taxi’s etc
Where the doctor’s is etc
Interview students in Bournemouth at the moment and create a spread on there experience


 

No comments: